Re: [Swftools-common] Replace a string

From: Yousif Masoud
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Replace a string
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:49:01 +0100

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Roger Chinchilla <address@hidden> wrote:
I did try to find some additional libraries that might be able to help me but so far I haven't.

Basically what I want to do is edit a PDF programmatically. Since I am already converting the PDF's to SWF I thought I might be able to use something that already existed in SWFTools. The PHP libraries I have found allow me to create a PDF, add things to the PDF but not find and edit/replace something. Or at least I haven't been able to find any references.

I did find someone else trying to do the same thing via PDF but they didn't find the answer either - http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111527

How do I modify the text if I embed the fonts?

Using Pdftk, you can do whatever you want with the PDF.

From the pdftk site:

[...]

Uncompress PDF Page Streams for Editing the PDF Code in a Text Editor
pdftk mydoc.pdf output mydoc.clear.pdf uncompress

[...]

Once you do that, you will be able to edit the text at liberty.

After you're done editting, compress the PDF.

Apologies for going off-topic earlier, I didn't mean it.

Many thanks,
Yousif