Re: [Swftools-common] Wishes for the GUI

From: Mark Lee
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Wishes for the GUI
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 10:22:16 -0700 (PDT)

This is what you want: http://pageflip.zeropain.com not pdfwswf. Or you could try: http://page-flip.com/

Mark

From: Gunivortus Goos <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Sent: Fri, May 7, 2010 12:07:40 PM
Subject: [Swftools-common] Wishes for the GUI

Hi!

This may be in particular for Ricardo and Matthias,
and for Chris, with who I just had a short private mail exchange........

It was Chris, who motivated me, to post this to the list. :-)

Usually, I'm a lurker here, it must be far over a year ago that I was writing
here.
To be honest, all those technical discussions about parameters, patches,
converting, etc. are neither really interesting to me, nor do I inderstand it.
I'm a Windows user of the PDF2SWF GUI, did a bit testing for Matthias,
before the actual version was released.

For me, the GUI isn't just a conversion tool, it is much more, it is a part
of my webdesigning.
For an example of that:
Goto http://www.boudicca.de - choose on the left 'English', then
'Infocentre' and 'magic(k). Choose on the right the first item.
Then you'll see how the GUI is used here and maybe you understand,
my next questions/wishes......
as for the proces, I create a webpage in Open Office or load an existing
html page in OO, break it in A5 pages (landscape) and export it to PDF.
Then the PDF2SWF GUI exports it to flash in a html-page, which is
added to my site.

There are a few viewers in the GUI, none of them really sophisticated.
They do not really fit to the design of my sites and they don't have
options to change parts of the design.
Therefore I like to have the options to
- see a more book-alike use of the viewer (page flipping)
- the options to choose for one or two pages at the screen (as a book)
- option to (de)activate a page flipping sound
- change the colors of the viewer-frame
- change text, size, form and colors of the buttons
- have an option to put on or off some background music
- the option for smooth zooming with the mouse

Then, for the html page which the GUI creates, I like to have the option
to add some html things, before the page is created..... again to make
it fit to the design of a site.

If you know some commercial flash flipping book tools, this may sound
familiar. :-)
Sure I know, that are all design wishes, they've nothing to do with the
core function of converting.

I'm asking this here, because I'm not a coder, I'm a real Windows user,
using preferrably WYSIWYG tools and wizards. (I've quite some step-by-
step flash wizards..... to create photoalbums, newstickers,, menu builders,
swf/flv streaming, textscrollers and complete site designers).
But I do promote the tools I like. :-)

Hope to get positive resonance.

--
Best regards,
Gunivortus

E-mail message checked by Internet Security (7.0.0.508)
Database version: 6.14950
http://www.pctools.com/en/internet-security/