Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf filename incrementing

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf filename incrementing
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 15:21:12 +0200

On 14 May 2010 13:25, DannyT <address@hidden> wrote:
> This is probably more DOS help than swftools but hopefully someone can point
> me in the right direction:
>
> I know if I call pdf2swf with %.swf as the output then I'll get an
> incremental number as the filename for each page (1.swf, 2.swf, 3.swf etc).
>
> Is there anyway I can start this from a pre-determined number? I have
> several swf files that are all part of the same range so I want the
> numbering to continue rather than start from 1 for each pdf.
>
> Appreciate any suggestions :)
> Dan

Not that I know of without a patch ( though that is of course,
perfectly possible )!

Best way forward would be to let pdf2swf do it's own thing, dumping
the resultant
files into a separate directory if necessary.  Then ,use one of the many command
line batch rename utilities, i.e

http://www.1-4a.com/rename/download.htm ( random link )

out there to do the necessary - DOS Batch isn't exactly
straightforward or forgiving!

HTH.

Regards,

Chris.

PS  How is Bournemouth?  ( I used to work, albeit briefly, at both the
BIC/Pavilion,
       and volunteer at the SWR ) ;o)