[Swftools-common] Rendering bug in swfrender

From: Alican Çubukçuoğlu
Subject: [Swftools-common] Rendering bug in swfrender
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 15:11:57 +0300

There is a rendering bug in swfrender which causes graphics and some formatted text to be rendered wrong.

http://dl.alicanc.com/Misc/SWFToolsBug/bug.png
In that example, you can see that legacy rendering (on the left) works fine on graphics, but the normal rendering (on the right, of course) messes them up.

I could use the legacy rendering, but then the text would look bad. I'm trying to convert a book to be displayed on a handheld device so the text quality is important.

The original SWF and my conversation test can be found in http://dl.alicanc.com/Misc/SWFToolsBug.zip and http://dl.alicanc.com/Misc/SWFToolsBug/ (extracted). I am using SWFTools 0.9.1 on Windows XP.