Re: [Swftools-common] incremental loading of slides

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] incremental loading of slides
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 21:30:59 +0200

Hi Boris,

I'm not really a pdf2swf chap - rarely, if ever, have I had call to use it.
Other
than attempting to answer questions of course.  I did not write the viewer
code, nor have I really looked at them either, as always preferred to script my
own in
swfc.  The source of the viewers is available to edit though, if you fancy
trying
to wade through it yourself.

Have you tried the very simple swf load script I put here,

        http://wiki.swftools.org/index.php/Swfc_Code_Snippets

as a starting point for rolling your own basic viewer?  Change the dimensions of
the viewing frame, add a few simple buttons, and you're practically there.  As
you
go along, simply consult the documentation, and keep asking on the list if the
need
arises.  Common answers of interest can always be posted on the wiki.

While it obviously depends on the size of your converted file, swf files viewed
directly in a browser, will nearly always load quicker.

HTH.

Regards,

Chris.

--