Re: [Swftools-common] Embedded audio question

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Embedded audio question
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 06:39:59 +0200

David,

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 17:30:59 -0400
Dave Neal <address@hidden> wrote:

> The following code is supposed to make a rollover button with a little sound
> when clicked.
>
> It doesn't make sound.

In short, there's very good reason for that..

> Am I just missing some amazingly obvious thing? I am testing it locally, but
> I'm not streaming the audio (am I?). Thanks in advance.

.. you have a jolly fine mix-up of syntactic and semantic errors, and
actionscript
and swfc script ;o)  Try it this way:

.flash filename="NavBar.swf" version=8 fps=50

.jpeg btn0 "button1.jpg"
.jpeg btn0hover "1hover.jpg"
.jpeg btn0pressed "button1pressed.jpg"
.sound sound1 "quirky.wav"

.button button0
    .show btn0 as=shape
    .show btn0hover as=hover
    .show btn0pressed as=pressed
    .on_press:
        var s= new Sound();
        s.attachSound("sound1");
        s.start();
     .end
.end

.frame 1
  .put button0
  .action:
   button0.onRelease = function() {
   s.stop();
   getURL("http://www.davesolutions.com";, "_blank");
 };
.end

.end

Also, you are not *streaming* the audio.  You are embedding the audio inside the
resulting swf.

I hope I have '.. put ideas into *your* head!' ;o)

Regards,

Chris.
--
<address@hidden>

PS It would be a very good idea to fix http://davsolutions.com!  Under Firefox/
   Opera ( Linux for me ), the main texts are completely misaligned, and as a
   consequence almost unreadable.  Not good for a 'solutions' provider, eh?