Re: [Swftools-common] Amayeta Swf Encrypt 6.0, cant dump data!

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Amayeta Swf Encrypt 6.0, cant dump data!
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 19:24:48 +0200

>On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 13:38:08 -0200
>Bruno Junqueira Adami <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am just playing with encryption, to learn how to protect my games..

In which case, swftools is not really what you need, other than if you choose
to compile swfc/AS2/AS3 script.

> I would like to know how to encrypt a swf in such a way you cant get the
> source code (I want to do my own tool), and the swf is still playable!

Join the multitude who constantly ask the same question, and in doing so,
check out all the game /scripting forums for further info and opinion.

'encrypted' normally equates to obfuscated, i.e. reduced to stream of byte
code.  There are quite a few programs out that do this kind of thing.  In
fact if you think about it, later swf files exhibit something akin by being
already compressed via zlib.

>I mean, if its still playable, how can it be encrypted?

You've answered your own question. It normally isn't.  Byte code via
obfuscation is not encryption.

> It should have a loader or something, shouldnt it? :p

Not necessarily.  If truly encrypted though, it would require a corresponding
decryption routine.

However, all this is really outside the scope of swftools.  I really do think
your (re)search lies elsewhere..

Regards,

Chris.

--