Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf screen view differs from (broken) print ou

From: Hans J Nuecke
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf screen view differs from (broken) print output
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 23:43:00 +0200

Hi Michael,
out of curiosity I converted your single page with my batchfile and these standard settings:
    "%PDF2SWF%" -q -t -T 9 -s internallinkfunction=megazine.PDFlinkHandler -j%jpg_q_l% -s zoom=%res_px_l% --set storeallcharacters="1" -G -p %%i -f "%pdf_path%%pdf_name%" "%language_path%%lo_res_path%%%i.swf"

The %jpg_q_l and res_px_l variables have standard values of either 40/36 (my low quality option) and 90/150 (my high quality settings).

I could print the resulting swfs without problems (with Adobe Distiller into pdf files).
I could verify that printing your swf shows the expected page with white blocks.

You can check my resulting swf files and pdf "prints" in a package I provide for download:
http://vservu.de/test/swftest.zip

The results of the batch run are named test_l.pdf and test_h.pdf (low and high quality settings).

I then tested a Python program I use, which makes use of the swftool library (all under Windows).
With that I experience the same problems you have.
The effect is more or less severe, depending on the quality settings.

The results are also available in the download package and called test_pl.pdf, test_pm.pdf and test_ph.pdf (for low, medium and high quality settings).

Hopefully this gives you another idea of settings to test with.
So there might be a way to achieve your goal, although Matthias confirmed there are "gaps" in handling transparencies.

If you not already did so, you should try the batch version (or call from the Windows command line). With a setting similar to my setting (you will not need internallinkfunction)

Good luck and regards
Hans