Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf ExitCode, ErrorCode

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf ExitCode, ErrorCode
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 16:01:28 +0000

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 04:51:42 -0700
______ _______ <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks Chris for your hard work,

I can barely see, for the perspirtaion pouring from my furrowed brow.. ;o)

> file?  You meen start the asynchronous read of the output???

You could, yes. But..

> you see what I need is to launch 15-20 or more pdf2swf proccess and control
> them? Control there execution and decide which should I stop and do some
> other job  so basicly what I need is to undestand how can I get current
> proccess
> warnings.

Now you seem to be on a completely different tack, or else I didn't understand
your
original request.

> Currently pdf2swf returns long messages about proccess and I would
> like to receive for example 0(whitch will meen All Ok), the same would be
> greate with errors

I presume your playing with this under Linux, and that those ( large )
conversions are
taking a while?  If so, how about..

Running each pfd2swf process with the -qq option to shut it up, while forking
them to
the background? i.e.

    pf2swf -qq -o someout.swf someinput.pdf &

You could then perhaps monitor progess with ps ( for a snapshot ) or top (
realtime ).

Better?

Chris.
-----