Re: [Swftools-common] Help with gfx please

From: manjunath jinuru
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Help with gfx please
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 09:59:55 +0000 (UTC)

1815.exe from the http://www.swftools.org/download.html page.

> Installation finished but then when I go run the setup.py build and setup.py
install I don't get the module gfx.

> Obviously I am messing something up in the process and would love if someone
could help me get the module installed.

> Did I not get the correct download file?  Is there a different download file
should use?
> am I installing the program in the wrong place?  Should it be installed under
my Python2.7 folder?

> I need to load the module to extract text from pdf created with Identity-H
encoded fonts.

> Thank you in advance!
>
> Christian O.

C:\Documents and Settings\mjinuru\My Documents\Downloads\swftools-2013-02-19-
1826>python setup.py install
Creating config.h...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 241, in <module>
    config.create_config()
  File "setup.py", line 215, in create_config
    value = self.system_has_property(name)
  File "setup.py", line 188, in system_has_property
    if self.test_code("", s):
  File "setup.py", line 104, in test_code
    cc.compile(["setup_test.c"], include_dirs=cc.include_dirs)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\distutils\msvc9compiler.py", line 458, in compile
    self.initialize()
  File "C:\Python26\lib\distutils\msvc9compiler.py", line 368, in initialize
    vc_env = query_vcvarsall(VERSION, plat_spec)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\distutils\msvc9compiler.py", line 260, in
query_vcvarsall
    raise DistutilsPlatformError("Unable to find vcvarsall.bat")
distutils.errors.DistutilsPlatformError: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat

I have also downloaded the library from the list given above by chirstian,
when try to install i get the above written error.

Somebody please help! since im new to coding with python and want to get
familiar with python.