sysvinit-devel

Re: [sysvinit-devel] Coverity scan

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: Re: [sysvinit-devel] Coverity scan
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 19:26:16 +0200

[Jesse Smith]
> I was not aware of the Coverity scanner, but it certainly looks like
> it could be useful.  I have applied for access to their bug report
> tool and will see what tips they have for improving the source code.
> Hopefully I'll be able to get them to update their scanner to use our
> git repo instead of the old subversion code repo so it'll work for us
> going ahead.

I've approved your access as an admin.

Note, you got the model of work wrong here.  There is no 'they' that
will do the scanning for us.  There is only 'me' who run a
instrumentation build using the tools provided by coverity and uploading
the resulting package to coverity for analysis.

I booted the old virtual machine I used for such tasks in the past, and
tried to do such build today, and it seemed to upload just fine, but
apparently have not been accepted for scanning.  No idea what went
wrong, and no time to investigate.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen