tasklist-idea

[tasklist-idea] Intro document and other

From: Rubén Gómez Antolí
Subject: [tasklist-idea] Intro document and other
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 20:58:40 +0100

Hi all,

No answer to my last questions, then i assumed that this is the correct list to discuss about our team and our job.

There are a tech request open for several month, i'll try to write some words and perhaps all, or part of it can be performed and use to close tech request.

I'll write first in spanish because this is my own language and is more easy for me, and because here are other spanish people and they can see if i make a error translation, ok?

---------------------- Intro document in spanish --------------

1· Descripción y objetivos del proyecto.

El proyect tasklist es basicamente una «lista» de tareas pendientes dentro de GNU. Tratamos de dar a conocer las tareas que necesitan llevarse a cabo para que los distintos proyectos puedan seguir progresando, asi como notificar las vacantes o las solicitudes de nuevos puestos dentro de estos proyectos.

Es el lugar adecuado para que los desarrolladores pidan ayuda, y donde aquellas personas que desean ayudar acudan para encontrar el hueco que pueden ocupar.

Dentro de nuestras ocupaciones se encuentra la elaboracion de una lista con aquellas aplicaciones que no existen en GNU y que algunos usuarios solicitan, dando por lo tanto origen a un lugar donde los desarrolladores pueden ir tanto a pedir ayuda como para ayudar a que algunos usuarios puedan conseguir la aplicación que están buscando. Es por tanto un lugar de ayuda para todos, para el desarrollador y para el usuario.

Con este fin, el equipo de tasklist trabaja para que el mundo GNU se haga cada vez mas grande.

--------------- Intro document in spanish end -----------------

---------------- Intro document in english (or a intent of this) --------------------

1· Project description and goals

Tasklist project is basically a «list» of pending task within GNU. We treat to make know the pending taks that it need carried to finish for the different projects can follow his progress, so vacant notified or new cargo petition within these projects.

This is the appropiate place for developers ask for help, and where these people that wants offer help cames for find the place that them can occupy.

Within our labor we have to elaborate a list with these software that doesn't exist on GNU and some users solicity, where finally is a place where developers can go to help soilicity or help to some users can get the looked for software. This is a help place for all, for developer and user.

   With this goal, tasklist team works for GNU world growns.

-------------------- End of english intro document ----------------

Opinions about the text? Corrections? Suggestions?

There are other questions that i want to ask.

I'm thinking about the goals of this project, i think that we need to write these goals in somewhere (this intro document talks about this, but only a little). What are our goals? We wants create a database with non-existing free software and recopilate task in existing projects (old tasklist). Some more?

Actually our page and our system don't fit to these goal, i'm think that we need a roadmap to reach it. If we have a roadmap some of us can work in something. I speak under my own point of view, actually i don't work in this project because i don't know what thing we need.

Other aspect of this project is tasklist classification, we need to adaptate some classification system, how u.d.c. for example [0][1]. This is a standar classified and easy to use. Opinions?

I think that we need more communication, i don't received a mail for us several weeks ago, it doesn't sound very well for a busy team, do not?

Well, this is only that i think and i hope that this make that this project go better, or almost someone of us can work in anything over it.

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.

[0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Decimal_Classification

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Dewey_Decimal_System

--
Libertad es poder elegir en cualquier momento. Ahora yo elijo GNU/Linux,
para no atar mis manos con las cadenas del soft propietario.