tcd-hackers

Re: [Tcd-hackers] mp3

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: [Tcd-hackers] mp3
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:33:11 +0000

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 03:13:46PM +0200, Andreas Henningsson wrote:
> hi!
> would be nice with a tool with simuler gui that also support mp3 playback.
> I dont say that you should add. maybe make a mp3 player just reuse the gui
> code.
> Would be best if it as default use the xmms playlist and if not then make
> it's own.

I'd prefer to get it integrated rather than a fork, as long as it keeps
the interface as simple as it is now. We need an interface for being able
to choose between cdrom drives, rather than requiring root access to set
the /dev/cdrom symlink, so we probably can use this interface to select
a playlist also.

I don't have time myself to implement this, though, as i'm heading towards
becoming portable by using libcdio. Maybe Roland or someone else is more
interested on your idea.

Btw there's no matter with supporting both, but Mp3 is a patented format
and i suggest you avoid it. There's the patent-free Ogg music format that
is actualy of higher quality than Mp3.

> ps! answer to me not not to the list .. not a member

ok. please keep CC to the list, too.

--
Robert Millan