tcd-hackers

Re: [Tcd-hackers] portable cdaudio library

From: Roland Illig
Subject: Re: [Tcd-hackers] portable cdaudio library
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 19:53:19 +0200

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 06:18:33PM +0000, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 02:45:42AM +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just wrote a really tiny library to support playing audio CDs on
> > different operating systems. I already included Linux, NetBSD and
> > Solaris (I don't have access to others at the moment).
> >
> > You may have a look at it. It's as simple as possible.
>
> Looks nice. Do you mind if i merge the three kernel-dependant files into
> a single one? There's much repeated code and we'd ensure to keep everything
> in sync like this.

Hmmm, I think I would mind. Currently the source files are free of #ifdef's
and that was one of my goals to keep the code easy to read.

I currently have Linux, Solaris, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and FreeBSD. I could merge
the Linux/Solaris file and the *BSD file, but I would not merge these two.

(some minutes later ...)

Oops, I merged them. It isn't that bad now. I think I'll keep it.

Now I'll have a look at libcdaudio ...

Roland