tcd-hackers

[Tcd-hackers] The low rates you deserve

From: Kaitlin
Subject: [Tcd-hackers] The low rates you deserve
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 03:04:00 +0200

Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies. This too, shall pass. The English are a nation of shopkeepers (attributed to Napoleon) From the Robert Frost poem 'Mending Wall'. The pitcher goes so often to the well that it comes home broken at last.
Life's what happens while you make other plans. Nothing succeeds like success. Don't cry over spilt milk. The truth shall set you free, or The truth will set you free. Help a lame dog over a stile. Never judge the book by its cover.
Live and let die. Now or never The law is a jealous mistress. Professor Ferdinand Fairfax Stone, Tulane Law School, early and mid 1960s. Have not want not. said by Lee Field Walstad Theakston me, but Theakston my brother and you'll have God to answer to Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Barking dogs seldom bite...... Software and Sex are good, when they are free. That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.
The best things in life are free. To err is human; to forgive is divine. (Pope, Essay on Criticism) Software and Sex are good, when they are free. You can't grease a pig so many times that he can't be greased one more time.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. It's not the size of the boat. A friend in need is a friend indeed. A chain is no stronger than its weakest link. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. One mans meat, is another mans poison. Sometimes abbreviated GIGO.
But an unwatched kettle over boils! Variant: Always look on the bright side of life Possible Interpretation: All style and no substance. Rats desert a sinking ship. Attributed to Winston Churchill. It's easier to turn falsehood loose than correct it everywhere it runs to. Definition: A situation almost impossible to complete
Nature, time, and patience are three great physicians. Where one door shuts, another opens. The English are a nation of shopkeepers (attributed to Napoleon) If three people tell you that you are drunk, you better lie down. Possible Interpretation: Do not look for faults in a something recieved as a gift. If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it probably needed fixing anyway. There is no 'I' in TEAM, But there is an I in Win He who hesitates is lost.
Ne'er cast a clout till May be in. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Possible Interpretation: Everybody needs other people. Alternate: If at first you don't succeed, perhaps skydiving is not for you. The start of a journey should never be mistaken for success. Alternate: The last chance
From the Latin, de gustibus non est disputandum. Make hay while the sun shines. Hawks will not pick out hawks' eyes. Every dog has his day. Anonymous Blood is thicker than water. The pitcher goes so often to the well that it comes home broken at last. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Great minds think alike, but fools seldom differ.