tetum-translators

[Tetum-translators] Fw: Tetum Wordlist (gzipped)

From: Peter Gossner
Subject: [Tetum-translators] Fw: Tetum Wordlist (gzipped)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:21:02 +0930

Forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 23:38:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden>
To: Peter Gossner <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Tetum Wordlist (gzipped)

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> On Mon, 24 May 2004, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 25 May 2004, Peter Gossner wrote:

> > > LOL. yeah the reply bounced :)
> > >
> > > I read the developer docs (at the http?? link) and I get it.
> > > (Of course)
> > >
> > > Hmm this is a little tricky, but what I will do is rebuild the list as
> > > seperate words (removing hyphens) and ensure each line has only one
> > > word.
> >
> > Don't worry about it.  I can do it in under a minute:
> >
> >   tr ' -' '\n\n' | sort -u
>
> One other problem.  You have '!' at the end of many words.  Should I leave
> them and mark '!' as belonging to the end of a word or should I remove
> them?

I also found '.' and '?' at the end of words so I just removed the
symbols from the word.

Attached is a Aspell 0.60 dictionary package.  Although your language can
also be used with Aspell 0.50 since it doesn't need a special character
set.  So, if you want one for Aspell 0.50 instead just let me know.

You might want to download the aspell-lang pack from
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/ so that you can maintain it.  If you just
want to change the word list all you have to do is name the word list
"ne.wl" and type make (after you run configure of course).

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org