texinfo-devel

Re: warning for index entry with :

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: warning for index entry with :
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 22:37:32 GMT

    ./maintain/regenerate_file_lists.pl

That file is not in the repository.

    I believe, touching Makefile.incl would also do the trick.

Ah, of course.  That gets things started.  Now make fails:

for file in ./t/include_reference/*.*; do \
  bfile=`basename "$file"`; \
  /usr/local/gnu/bin/install -c -m 644 "$file" "t/include_dir/$bfile"; \
done
/usr/local/gnu/bin/install: cannot stat `./t/include_reference/*.*': No such
file or directory
make[2]: *** [all-local] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/u/karl/gnu/src/texinfo/tp'

    Where should such thing be documented?

It shouldn't be documented.  Instead, the right thing to do is make it
the work the way every other package does.  Which I might just mean
running regenerate_file_lists from autogen.sh, but I can't really know
until I can get further.

    I hadn't understood that [#line] was for 5.0.

We can certainly postpone it if it turns out to be a pain.  But if it is
easy, it would be a good thing.

    The point is that it is not new for former texi2html users (as myself...),

Ah, fine then :).

Thanks,
karl