texinfo-devel

makeinfo vs. texi2any

From: Karl Berry
Subject: makeinfo vs. texi2any
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 16:22:46 -0800

Totally belatedly, I know, but I've been wondering if we really want to
promulgate the new command name, texi2any.  Granted it is a much more
accurate name than "makeinfo", but it's already been pretty strange to
be talking about, and documenting, both names, and the users haven't
even really been exposed to them yet.

I wonder if we should just continue to install and document makeinfo as
the name of the converter.  Did we have any other reason for starting
to use texi2any?

I'm not sure.  Just thought I'd garner your reactions.  Sergey and
Stefano, I'd welcome your thoughts too :0.