texinfo-devel

Re: in info reader leading parentheses parsed twice for references?

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: in info reader leading parentheses parsed twice for references?
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:26:36 +0100

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 05:54:33PM +0200, Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:
> Patrice Dumas <address@hidden> ha escrit:
>
> Regarding your earlier question:
>
> > (As a side note, I don't really understood if/how the filename is
> > determined
> > in that case if the note is like *Note (file)node::).
>
> it is determined as a sequence of characters between '(' and ')' taking
> into account eventual balanced parentheses (that's info-utils.c:87-106).

I found that, but I cannot find where it is called from.  I tried
to use cflow to understand better, but I didn't really got further...
My guess is that the code that follows a specific entry reparses the
entry using info_parse_node, and not through info_references_internal.

> No, as far as I can tell, it works OK.  Moreover, so does the Emacs info
> reader.  So far I have tested it with manually crafted info files.
> I'll test with ones produced by texi2any later.  Just in case, I'm
> attaching both testcases.  Let me know if I should improve them.

No, it seemss good.  Oddly, it didn't worked for me with the emacs manual,
while, when I replaced by the texinfo manual it worked fine.  (It may be
because in the debian I use the emacs info manual is in a subdirectory?).

> That's very reasonable, but given that both Emacs and info are already
> able to cope with this format, it does not seem necessary.

Indeed.

--
Pat