texinfo-devel

pod2texi and @appendix

From: Karl Berry
Subject: pod2texi and @appendix
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 17:37:56 GMT

Also, for my purposes in TeX Live, I'd ideally like the pod2texi output
to use @appendix instead of @chapter.

It's simple enough to just sed the output, but I wondered about adding
an option/method/whatever to Pod/Simple/Texinfo.pm such that (I guess)
my @numbered_sectioning_commands = ('part', 'chapter', 'section', ...
would use 'appendix' instead of 'chapter'.

I think that's all that's required (it's not necessary to use
@appendixsec etc., just as it's not necessary to use @unnumberedsec
etc., as far as I know).

Wdyt?  I didn't want to just hack it in if you thought it wasn't worth
the complication.

thanks,