texinfo-devel

Simultaneuous changes to texinfo.tex and texinfo.texi

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Simultaneuous changes to texinfo.tex and texinfo.texi
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 23:36:22 +0100

I often find myself in the middle of changes to texinfo.tex leaving me
unable to build texinfo.dvi or texinfo.pdf from texinfo.texi, because
texinfo.tex is in the same directory as them. Running "texi2dvi -I
....." doesn't help. Can anyone suggest a solution? I thought that
texinfo.tex could go in a different place from the doc directory, but
I don't know what would be a good place from it. What I can do is
rename texinfo.tex to something else (texinfo.tex-WORK-IN-PROGRESS),
and then "svn revert texinfo.tex", but that's time-consuming.