texinfo-devel

Re: 3 Offers

From: Randall Sawyer
Subject: Re: 3 Offers
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 22:25:31 -0400

    In my experience, nearly any glyph is available in some TeX font or
    another, or can be constructed (for decades now, long predating
    Unicode). Even just the core TeX distribution has vast character coverage.
What's certainly true is that the basic CM + (sort of) EM fonts that we
    use in texinfo.tex are restricted in their coverage to, for the most
    part, European languages. Since we have never figured out a good way to
    load and combine arbitrary font families in texinfo.tex. But that is not
    TeX's problem, it's ours. --best, karl.

Thank you for response, Karl.

Could you please point me in the right direction to happy hunting grounds? I
know what TeX is. I know who Donald Knuth is. But, I am not familiar with TeX.

I will find all of the potentially supported accents. After all, I copied and
pasted 200 - 250 unicode glyphs into a spread sheet of texinfo commands already.

A link in the right direction would certainly help. (or else I'll just ask
SmartPage)