Re: [Texmacs-dev] Importing ASCII grave from HTML

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Importing ASCII grave from HTML
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 15:55:39 +0200

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 11:36:18AM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> > I really cannot find a satisfying solution to this problem.
>
> Until the font encoding system will be reorganized,
> please don't bother and just import GRAVE ACCENT as BACKQUOTE (`).

It seems that you did not take the time to read the lengthy,
informative, documented message I wrote explaining the issue.

There is no such thing as BACKQUOTE. Maybe you meant LEFT SINGLE
QUOTATION MARK.

And the character (`) _is_ GRAVE ACCENT and in no way any quotation
character. And the way it is rendered in KHTML and Gecko browser is
consistent with this fact.

Hopefully you will find the time to read and understand this message
before undertaking the font reorganization so you will be able to find
solutions to these problems.

For example, maybe it might be good to have different characters be
rendered using equivalent glyphs.

--
                                                            -- ddaa