[Texmacs-dev] [patch] iconv on cygwin and solaris

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] [patch] iconv on cygwin and solaris
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 17:43:50 +0200

There have been numerous reports of compilation problems on Cygwin and
especially on Solaris. I investigated, grokked the problem in its
fullness, stole code here and there, and finally I have something which
may work for everyone.

However I do not have a cygwin system to test it. So please, anyone with
a Cygwin system, test that the attached patches (for 1.0.2.1) make the
compilation proceed okay. I would also like the log of the "./configure"
command. Reports from Solaris users welcome too.

Attached:

  iconv.patch: changes to c++ and build system

  iconv-configure.patch.gz: for those who do not have autoconf2.13
    installed (the configure script must generated using this precise
    version), this patch also updates ./configure. Gzipped because that
    is really a lot of line noise.

When I have a report that this works okay, I will post it on Savannah
(commit it on my arch branch).

--
                                                            -- ddaa