Re: [Texmacs-dev] primitives reference, tag-info-table

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] primitives reference, tag-info-table
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 15:39:37 +0100

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 12:04:06AM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, David Allouche wrote:
> > I have just committed the documentation for DOCUMENT, CONCAT, ERROR, and
> > RAW-DATA to the CVS. This changeset includes the definition of a new
> > macro TAG-INFO-TABLE used to document DRD properties and intended usage
> > of tags.
> >
> > I would like your opininion on the use of that construct. If that is
> > okay, I will submit a patch to add it to tmdoc so the in-document
> > definitions could be removed. Also, I would probably move the
> > "how to read these tables" explanatory text in a a separate page, like
> > "./devel/format/primitives/tag-info.en.tm".
>
> That is fine with me.

Okay, I'll submit the patch and do the cleanup soon.

> Notice however that the DRD properties cannot be considered as being
> fully stable yet. More precisely, the existing properties are stable,
> but I plan to add other properties in the future.  In the near future,
> we will need properties for determining whether the tag or its
> children are block structures and maybe similarly for table-like
> structures and graphical structures. Further properties might be added
> later on when necessary.

Then maybe it will be necessary to update the documentation.

> Notice also that you should use the "markup" tag from the tmdoc style
> for marking TeXmacs primitives (as well as markup defined in style
> files).

Fixed in CVS.

> It might be a good idea to take a look at the reference guide
> for the TeXmacs styles.

I think it I should stay focused on the documentation of primitives.

> If you have time, then you might also want to write a patch for
> menus/icons/keyboard shortcuts for the Tmdoc style (this will in
> particular make you more familiar with all these tags).

I'll keep it in mind. But the documentation and the reworking of Alain's
code already keep me quite busy.

--
                                                            -- ddaa