Re: [Texmacs-dev] Key mappings changed??

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Key mappings changed??
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:00:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Salman Khilji wrote:
> I used to be able to do this:
>
> 1)  Document | Use Package | Documentation | tmdoc-markup
> 2) M-i e.
> 3) This would display <>
> 4) Type menu then tab
> 5) A word followed by tab again
> 6) Enter to activate.
>
> The person who showed me how to do this a couple of months ago told me in Step
> 2) that the key was M-i a.  However this did not work with the version of
> TeXmacs that I had until a couple of days ago.
>
> With 1.0.3.6, After Step 2), I no longer see <>.  Rather I see <eval-args|>.
>
> Is the key mapping intentionally changed?  What the latest key to do this now?

Yes, macro expansion has been greatly simplified in the past months,
as well as style file editing. You wish to read

        Help -> Manual -> Writing your own style files
        Help -> Manual -> Reference guide for the TeXmacs primitives
        Help -> Manual -> Reference guide for the standard TeXmacs styles

As to specific keyboard shortcuts, you may always look at

        $TEXMACS_PATH/progs/keyboard/...