[Texmacs-dev] Long documents

From: bump
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Long documents
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:16:44 -0800

I wrote a 450 page book (Lie Groups, Springer GTM volume 225)
using TeXmacs.

TeXmacs is quite slow on book-length documents.

Recently I was asked by someone else who had imported a
book into TeXmacs what to do about the slowness of the
editor on big documents. I had problems with this so I'm
curious what the canonical reply should be.

You can break the document into smaller ones which are
included in the big one using (from the menus)

Insert --> Link --> Include

and then when you revise the smaller documents you
would run

Tools --> Update --> Inclusions

from the larger document.

But what about cross-referencing? I found when I was
writing my book that I would paste a few theorems and
formulas from other sections into the beginning of my
working chapter, with the labels. Later these would
be expunged. But this is definitely a little inconvenient.

Comments?

Daniel Bump