[Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] Towards an association for free scientific s

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] Towards an association for free scientific software
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 16:30:41 +0200

Hi Joris,

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 03:06:07PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> One of the first things that I want to do is to create an association
> which should help us with the financial aspects of TeXmacs (donations,
> selling manuals and CD's, etc.). Since other free software projects
> might share similar needs, I decided to broaden the scope of such
> an association to more general software for scientists.

Wouldn't it be possible to benefit from already-existing associations,
like Software in the Public Interest, which was created with similar
goals: provide means to deal with money initially for the Debian
project, but also for other FLOSS projects.

I know it requires some work to setup an association, so it may not be
necessary to create a new one in this case ?

Best regards,
--
Yann Dirson    <address@hidden> |
Debian-related: <address@hidden> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: