[Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] Problem with Cocoa Port on OSX Leopard

From: Martin Costabel
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: [TeXmacs] Problem with Cocoa Port on OSX Leopard
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 13:46:55 +0200

Karl Winterling wrote:
Hi,

I've found a bug in the Cocoa version of TeXmacs (unless, of course, the developers already know about it). It seemed to compile correctly, but when I try to run it ("export DISPLAY=0.0" and "texmacs" on Terminal.app) a window opens for several seconds and then crashes. I've attached the terminal output to this mail.

Your problem could be as simple as a forgotten colon:

  export DISPLAY=:0.0

(Unless you are running OSX 10.5; there you don't want to set DISPLAY at all).

But then, why would a cocoa texmacs want to run xmodmap?
Disclaimer: I don't know anything about cocoa-texmacs.

--
Martin