[Texmacs-dev] Poor mans outline

From: Bas Spitters
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Poor mans outline
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 22:32:32 +0100

I am sorry to be contributing more ideas then code.

Many editors (e.g. kile, lyx) have an outline feature, basically a clickable table of contents. I wonder whether this can be implemented in texmacs. I tried the following:
Add a table of contents to your article.
It should not be difficult to change the table of contents in such a way that it adds a label \label{name-of-section} to a section and a reference to that section in the table of contents.
Once we have this I would like to clone the window and show the table of contents in one window and everything but the table of contents in the other window. However, it seems that the Show Part feature effects both the current window and its clone.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Bas