Re: [Texmacs-dev] Qt-TeXmacs: segfault with KDE-Oxygen

From: Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Qt-TeXmacs: segfault with KDE-Oxygen
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 06:02:18 -0500

Hi all,

Gubinelli Massimiliano wrote:

[...]

I should mention also the fact that we have a cario renderer available and that if the problems with the Qt port cannot be reasonably resolved (for example now I found a bug apparently due to Qt) we should evaluate the option to shift to other cross-platform libraries like Gtk+ or wxWidgets, or the like.

Any suggestion to improve the status of the Qt port under linux is welcome.

I have not still suggestions to Qt (I tried the Arch Linux recipe for building and it fails and I'm not a developer) but I think like has being discussed on this list that using a toolkit like the ones you mention could help a lot spreading TeXmacs and making more user friendly. Now that you're talking about alternative toolkits I would like to mention Xul Runner. I have being using Firefox, Thunderbird and Songbird and all of them work pretty well on Windows and Linux and the interface is a XML document (I remember Joris talking about something similar once, saying that interface in TeXmacs could be a TeXmacs document). Just an idea.

Cheers,

Offray