Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bug with file names with special characters + solution

From: Gubinelli Massimiliano
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Bug with file names with special characters + solution (QT)
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 23:54:49 +0100

Hi Miguel,
 could you be more specific on the difficulty you encountered? I've tried to open files with names like üöàéàî.tm and it works fine.
What do not work for you?

I do not fully master texmacs internals to tell you about encodings. As far as I understand strings are internally mostly encoded in ec (cork) with escapes for the form <XXXX> (this is called texmacs universal encoding) if I'm not wrong. There is part of the documentation which treats the source code. Some it is outdated but it will give you an idea of the main internal structures.

Best
max