[Texmacs-dev] Display file dialog instead of prompting in the footer. Wi

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Display file dialog instead of prompting in the footer. Wishes?
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 00:21:33 +0200

Hi,

  do you also hate having to manually input long file paths in that too-easily-exited footer prompt instead of clicking in a nice dialog? Well, then please post here and tell me about it, I'll try to fix it. Why? Because I just found a couple of places where it could be changed and there might be more I don't know about. And I'd rather do it now, before I forget how it's done ;) Is there a reason why I shouldn't be doing this? Then please do tell me as well.

 The first case I found is upon saving a buffer for the first time. You are now (finally!) presented the typical dialog. The second case is when attaching a master file in a multi-file project ("Tools->Attach master...").

  The former is already in the SVN, the latter not so because it breaks or bypasses some internal magic which uses tm-define and :argument. This means that if the c++ function tm_data_rep::project_attach(string) and the corresponding tm-define'd property project-attach are changed, adding more arguments other than a file name, interactive won't automagically detect those and prompt the user for them, since it's been bypassed.

But if you don't really care about that or don't know what I'm talking about change line 286 in progs/generic/document_part.scm to the following and enjoy/suffer:

    ("Attach master" (choose-file (lambda (_arg)
                                  (project-attach (url->string _arg)))
                                  "Choose master file for project" "tm")))

PS: I guess it would be nicer to add a "data-type" parameter to tm-define'd stuff and let interactive open a file dialog or color picker or whatever as necessary. But someone knowledgeable would have to comment on this before I plunged into it.
Miguel de  Benito.