[Texmacs-dev] how to set default values for interactive functions

From: Michael Lachmann
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] how to set default values for interactive functions
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:50:07 +0200

Hi,

I defined a function that asks the user for a command to run for a remote R
session. I saw that TeXmacs stores the answers the user gives to the dialogue,
even across restarts. Cool!

But, how do I set a first default value for the dialogue?

My function looks like this:
(tm-define (run-remote-r command)
  (:argument command "Remote host command")
  (let* ((old (getenv "TEXMACS_CMD")))
  (setenv "TEXMACS_CMD" command)   ;; convoluted way of telling tm_r what
command to run...
  (make-session "r" "default")
  (setenv "TEXMACS_CMD" old)
))

How do I set the default value? I think it possibly has something to do with
the function learn-interactive.... but I'm not sure how to use it

Or is there am easier way to do what I want?

Thanks!

Michael