thales-misc

[Thales] Requesting user contributions

From: Lucas Nussbaum
Subject: [Thales] Requesting user contributions
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:56:20 +0100

Hi,

When I started to code Thales, I hoped that releasing it to the public
would help to get contributions from users (scripts that use Thales).

However, thales has been out for nearly two years, and it still lacks
a lot of good example scripts. I still have to answer those newbies
questions like "how do I display the number of users on my network ?".
Why ? because nearly all of you are either too lazy or too egoist to
release your scripts.

I would like to release Thales 1.0 soon (before the summer), and would
like to include good example scripts. If you continue to ignore those
requests for help, thales development will probably just be delayed.
I am not going to continue to dedicate time to a project with such a
blantant lack of support from the user community.

Please send me your example scripts in any programming language. Include
a README file stating what the script does and how to use it (how to
configure it).

Contributions to scripts already included in Thales 0.9.5 are also
appreciated. Or scripts that do the same thing, but differently.

Quality of the scripts isn't that important. If you believe your script
isn't high-quality, just state so in the README file.

Thank you,
--
Lucas Nussbaum