therion-users

Re: [therion-users] readme updates and a query

From: Wookey
Subject: Re: [therion-users] readme updates and a query
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:24:08 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed 27 Nov, Martin Budaj wrote:
> > If I go to 'map editor' and click file->new I get 'Error unknown option
> > -state' - not sure how serious this is.

> This is a problem of Tk 8.3, try Tcl/Tk 8.4

OK - I noticed that 8.4 was specified, but Debian stable only goes up to
8.3 and I avoid using non-packaged stuff unless I really have to, so I
tried 8.3. This was only released in June so 8.4 must be pretty new?
Testing has 8.4 and I have now moved to testing anyway so I'll install that.
<fx: does it>, and yes that problem goes away.

> > But how do I draw some lines round my survey? How do I get scans in to
> > copy? How do I get the centreline in to draw around?

> I'll try to write Introduction to xtherion in the next few days, and
> include it into Therion documentation

That would be most excellent.

Is it (sensibly) possible to write scraps without using a graphical editor?
I don't see how I could do this, but maybe you did in fact do this initially?

I'll try and finish my debianizing whilst I wait - and will carry on
experimenting to see if I can work it out myself.

Wookey