therion-users

Re: [Therion] Point scaling.

From: Martin Budaj
Subject: Re: [Therion] Point scaling.
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 10:33:03 +0200

On 5/1/06, Philip Schuchardt <address@hidden> wrote:
I am drawing a large map and had to in increase the scale from 1:200 to 1:600.
Therion seems to scale walls and lines really well but the point symbols stay
the same size for any scale.

No, points symbols are scaled, although not linear. In the 1:600 scale they are exactly half the size of symbols in 1:200 scale.

 Is there anyway to scale the  point symbols,
other then typing -scale tiny |small | normal | large | huge for each point
symbol?

If you'd like to have more control, you may use

1) base-scale command in layout (see thbook)
2) directly change the size of symbols using following code in layout (undocumented and not recommended)

code metapost
  u:=5pt;     %%% or any other value

Both commands change the apperance of line symbols as well. Map symbols were not yet optimized for different scales (we mostly use 1:200 and 1:2000 / 1:5000 without symbols). Suggestions are welcome.

Martin