therion-users

Re: [Therion] Dataset structure including survex files

From: Wookey
Subject: Re: [Therion] Dataset structure including survex files
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:22:18 +0100

+++ Stacho Mudrak [06-06-28 09:07 +0200]:
> Yesterday evening, I found some time to play with your codes. I realized, that
> you  have a problem, I described yesterday. Therion has only one station
> naming
> syntax - it does no difference between centerline imported from .3d files and
> .th centerline.

Thank you for your very quick response.

> To get all your stuff work together, I needed to do just a very simple thing.
> modified your benarat_only.th file very dirty way:
>
> survey benarat -title "Benarat Mountain, Northern Section"
>  import benarat.3d -surveys use
>  import benarat.3d -surveys create
>  input benarat.th
> endsurvey benarat

!!
I'm not surprised I didn't think of that :-)

> First import will create address@hidden stations, the second one
> address@hidden stations. In this case, all centerline is imported twice,
> but it works!
>
> To get it working correct way - you need only "-surveys use" version of import
> command, but then you need to create missing sub-surveys in your terikan data.
> You can download my version of your data at:
>
> http://therion.speleo.sk/upload/Benarat.zip
>
> I hope, this will help you.

It does. I need to read and properly understand your mails on this subject.
I am at a conference for fri-sun and I need to write my talk for it
today/tomorrow (!) so I will get back to you next week.

I I am happy to write up a better description and some examples for the
thbook on this subject. An entry in the wiki is probably a good idea too.

Wookey
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/