therion-users

[Therion] therion and the OSGeo Foundation

From: Thierry Gonon
Subject: [Therion] therion and the OSGeo Foundation
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 04:49:25 -0800

Hi everybody,

I'm working frequently with FOSS for geoinformatics, so open source GIS (GRASS
and GQis for those who know) and also with therion as I'm a caver !!
I don't know if you know the OSGEO Foundation (http://www.osgeo.org). It has
been  created last year, and groups currently 8 projects (in which are GDAL and
GRASS and most people working on QGis development). I think that the therion
project should try to join the OSGeo to have a better visibility, and also to
be able to discuss various problems about programming.
I'm also beginning in programming and one thing I want to do on therion is to
add the possibility to export in postgis format and in grass format.

These are just ideas... Let's discuss this !!

Thierry Gonon
2 Place de l'Eglise
01150 LAGNIEU
Tél : 04 74 34 49 26