therion-users

[Therion] Moving section of cave aside

From: Wookey
Subject: [Therion] Moving section of cave aside
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 03:58:52 +0000

For drawing complex caves it is often useful to move a section of cave
to one side so it doesn't obscure the passage below. I can't see an
easy way to do this in therion, because everything is always
positionned according to stations. Could we have some kind of scrap
offset feature that would allow a scrap or map to be drawn in a
different place?

It would also be nice to have the scrap shown in outline (or shaded,
etc) in the correct place, so the survey can be properly understood.

e.g. the terikan survey has numerous layers but also plenty of
whitespace to move upper layers into so as to draw it all on one
sheet but without complex overlapping passage.

This is an alternative to the atlas scheme which therion has excllent
support for. this alternative is very popular in the UK, and probably
other places - it would be gfood if therion could support it.

It is useful for a very long thin cave, where you can get much better
paper use by drawing the sections side-by-side instead of as a very
long thin page. (e.g. this very long thin cave: moon cave:
http://mulucaves.org/Pub_surveys/Moon_CaveBCRA.pdf)

Wookey
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/