therion-users

Re: [Therion] installation probleme on Windows

From: Stacho Mudrak
Subject: Re: [Therion] installation probleme on Windows
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:50:55 +0200

Tomorrow, I can try to create Win32 installer, that will work also
without administrative rights. There are some changes in
therion/xtherion needed for this also.

> Do you have a quick solution to solve my problem ?

If you will copy Program files/Therion directory from one computer to
another (e.g. in My Documents folder), it should work - but you will
have to set up some paths manually. I have never tried this, but you can
if you wish:

1. Create .therion folder in you HOME directory (C:\Documents and
Settings\Your user name)
2. Copy therion.ini and xtherion.ini to this folder.
3. Edit mpost/pdftex-path to mpost.exe/pdftex.exe exacutables in
bin/win32 folder. E.g.
mpost-path "C:/Documents and Settings/User/My
Documents/Therion/bin/win32/pdfetex.exe"
(use / instead of \)
4. Add
set xth(gui,compcmd) "C:\\Documents and Setting\\User\\My
Documents\\Therion\\therion.exe"
to xtherion.ini file.
(here use \\ instead of \)
5. Now xtherion should work by running
cd "C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Therion\bin"
wish84.exe ../xtherion.tcl

OK, it is not very easy solution and I have probably forgotten
something, so I will try to remake installer.

Regards, S.