[Tinycc-devel] Re:[Tinycc-devel] 8 times faster than GCC?!!

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Re:[Tinycc-devel] 8 times faster than GCC?!!
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 02:22:18 +0100

Subject : [Tinycc-devel] 8 times faster than GCC?!!

It's claimed to be 8 times faster than gcc -O0 ;-)

> I don't think so...
>
> Check this out:
>
> oggy gexace # time gcc -O2 -o gexace-gcc gexace.c
> real    10m12.746s
> user    9m33.227s
> sys     0m4.897s
> oggy gexace # time tcc -o gexace-tcc gexace.c
> real    0m1.353s
> user    0m0.472s
> sys     0m0.061s
>

> That looks almost 1000 times faster to me! ;)
>
> Check this file (from the GOBO-project http://www.gobosoft.com generated by
> the smalleiffel eiffel-compiler) if you don't believe me:
> http://www.wigren.nu/gexace.c.bz2
>
> I tried to compile a lot of packages with tcc today but none of them wanted to
> compile.. I guess tcc is MUCH stricter than gcc...

All programs produced by SmartEiffel compile with latest tcc release (including
itself of course). Fabrice kindly fixed all bugs who occured with SmartEiffel C
generated code. It's wonderful and the best is to use SmartEiffel -no_split
flag because tcc is so fast ! Of course, according to such performance, I added
tcc as supported target for SmartEiffel compiler some release ago ;-)

Best Regards to all,

Philippe Ribet

SPECIAL ADSL
L'ADSL Tiscali est à partir de 15,95 EUR/mois ! Plus modem ADSL et frais
d'activation gratuits !
Pour profiter de cette offre, cliquez ici: http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl/
Offre soumise à conditions.