Re: [Tinycc-devel] Using tcc as gcc replacement

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Using tcc as gcc replacement
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 12:58:54 +0100

Hi!

Send the script or the options you'd like to support. I'll add all that in next release (0.9.17 will be released very soon to fix the PLT generation problems mentionned by Basile). In 0.9.16 I improved the options handling so it will be easier to be fully gcc compatible. I still wonder if it is interesting to use:

tcc -run file.c

instead of

tcc file.c

to compile and run files.

Fabrice.

Mitchell N Charity wrote:
   I want to use tcc as replacement for gcc in a project which uses
   autoconf/automake to reduce development cycles. Does someone have
   experience with this? Using

To use tcc in place of gcc, I've found it helpful to create an adapter
script, eg, tcc-as-gcc, to remove and shuffle arguments, and to define
gccish macros.  Some linux headers do silly things if __GNUC__ is not
defined.

I've been using trivial task-specific throwaway scripts, but I wonder
if it might be worth adding a real one to the tcc distribution.  Though
that might just be a distraction.

Mitchell