Re: [Tinycc-devel] Is tcc still being developed?

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Is tcc still being developed?
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:08:18 +0200

Peter Busser wrote:
Hi!

I have not worked on TCC for a long time because of lack of motivation
and time. If someone is interested to become maintainer of TCC he can
contact me.

Too bad. It is a nice piece of work IMHO and it would be a pity if development would stop completely. If noone else is willing to maintain it, then I guess I will volunteer.

Another interesting project would be to add a bytecode generator to have
a slower but portable target.

Is there any design for this bytecode generator? I mean, what bytecode is it supposed to generate? Are there any (on-line) references about bytecode generation?

A register based bytecode would be better because the TCC code generator is register based. I don't have explicit references about bytecode generation. Bytecode generation gives about the same problems as machine code generation.

Fabrice.