Re: [Tinycc-devel] Is tcc still being developed?

From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Is tcc still being developed?
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:39:21 +0200

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 02:08:34AM -0700, Steve Dekorte wrote:

> On Sep 23, 2004, at 1:44 AM, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> >I have not worked on TCC for a long time because of lack of motivation
> >and time. If someone is interested to become maintainer of TCC he can
> >contact me.
> [...]

> I would love to use TCC as a JIT library, if it supported PPC.

You might consider using GNU lightning (which is not a C compiler, but just
a JIT library, ie a set of C functions (actually macros) to generate machine
code. GNU lightninw works on x86 and on PowerPC, but you have to use the
latest CVS since some PPC related bugs have been corrected recently.

see http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/lightning/ for more.

Actually, I thought of using GNU lightning inside tinycc to have it running
on my PowerPC/Debian, but I don't have enough motivation for this.

Regards.

email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net
8, rue de la Fa?encerie, 92340 Bourg La Reine, France