Re: [Tinycc-devel] Bug in tcc

From: Bernhard Fischer
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Bug in tcc
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:45:44 +0200

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 08:27:28PM +0200, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 02:19:53PM +0400, PerfectDark wrote:
>>Just try to compile (tcc -c) following file:
>>
>>//-------------------------------------------
>>//begin
>>void foo(SomethingUnknownType* x)
>>{
>>}
>>//end
>>//-------------------------------------------
>>
>>Somehow tcc crushes, and then stackdump file created
>
>I cannot reproduce this. Compiled tcc with current gcc:
>$ cat untyped.c
>void foo(unknown_t *u){;}
>$ ./tcc -c untyped.c ; echo $?
>untyped.c:1: ',' expected
>1
>$ gcc-4.x -c untyped.c ; echo $?
>untyped.c:1: error: expected ')' before '*' token
>1
>
>perhaps check your bootstrap compiler.

Still the same. Please check that your bootstrap compiler produces
correct code.

That is, please try to create an executable out of any testcases you may
or may not have referenced in other (not follow-up) mails.

As long as your windows compiler cannot generate proper code for the
cases you provided and/or a simple
#include <stdio.h>
int main(void) {printf("hello,world\n");return 0;}
example, tcc is completely out of scope for your report.

I do not mean to sound rude, but that is simply a fact.
regards,