[Tinycc-devel] Undefined symbols when run under ttylinux.

From: Alan Kilian
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Undefined symbols when run under ttylinux.
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:26:36 -0500

    Gents,

        I am hoping you can give me some advise on how to proceed
        getting tcc running under ttylinux.

        I can compile tcc under Fedora-core-3 and it works fine.
        When I copy the installation files to a ttylinux system,
        I get the following errors when compiling a minimal program:

        %  tcc  -o a a.c
        tcc: undefined symbol '__libc_csu_fini'
        tcc: undefined symbol '__libc_csu_init'

        I found these symbols in /usr/lib/linb.a on my system, and
        when I copy this file to the ttylinux machine, I get the
        following error:

        % tcc  -o a a.c
        /usr/lib/libc.a: '_dl_tls_static_size' defined twice

        I REALLY don't want to have to install the whole monster
        gcc tool chain for this nice tiny compact-flash based machine.

        Can anyone give me some hints on where to look for the
        solution?

        This e-mail archive showed two people with this problem, but no
        solutions.

        Should I try an older Fedora-core set of libraries?

        Thank you for all your effort in getting this project working.

                                -Alan

--
- Alan Kilian <kilian(at)bobodyne.com>