[Tinycc-devel] struct member/typedefs share namespace?

From: Toby Thain
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] struct member/typedefs share namespace?
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:59:14 -0400

Hi,

I was trying to build Bison 2.1 with various compilers, and found that tcc (of all the compilers tested) had difficulties. (I used gcc "-ansi -pedantic", icc v7.1 "-ansi" and lcc 4.2 without problems.)

The issue seems to be that bison has several structs with members that have the same names as types, see e.g. the first occurrence at src/symtab.h line 57.

Any comments? Is this worth fixing? I haven't checked any language spec, but ANSI compilers seem to accept this in strict modes.

--Toby