Re: [Tinycc-devel] Getting latest tcc

From: Bernhard Fischer
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Getting latest tcc
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 10:01:52 +0200

On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 08:17:04AM -0400, Dave Dodge wrote:
>On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 07:30:30PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
>> IMHO the whole development model of projects initiated by Fabrice
>> Bellard is not exactly what you'd call FLOSS state of the art :/
>
>He does respond on the list sometimes, but it's indeed pretty rare
>that he incorporates a patch into upstream.  I've just gone ahead and
>put together a list of the patches I know about:
>
>  http://www.dododge.net/tcc/patches.html
>
>                                                  -Dave Dodge

I had to do this patchlet for e.g. ubuntu because of linkonce in rel
sections:

There was a bug report about string literals here (no real patch, not
sure if your pp-number-multi-pasting fixes it:

Also this one:

I have a relatively intrusive patch locally which adds a compile-time
option to output the locus in errors/warnings. Not sure if this is of
general interrest, though. I could clean it up if it was.

Another patch i have is to make tcc smaller by cleaning its
library-interface up. IIRC this made it about 10k smaller, but the patch
is quite intrusive and moves alot of code around..