Re: [Tinycc-devel] once again about anonymous struct/union bug

From: Ben Hinkle
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] once again about anonymous struct/union bug
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:19:57 -0400

On 7/11/06, PerfectDark <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello!

I applied Filip Navara's patch, that allow tcc deal with anonymous struct/unions, and found, that tcc is not accept code like that:

typedef struct {
int any_member;
;// just placeholder -
//  we can put semicolon in almost each place of code :)
} my_struct_t;

What section of the ISO_C99 spec says that? I can't find any mention of "empty" declarations in 6.7.2. Note in function bodies a bare ; is a "null statement" not an empty declaration.

-Ben